For the purpose of monetary policy implementation within the Eurosystem, Banco de Portugal has two IT systems: SITENDER – the Tender System, and COLMS – the Collateral and Operations Management System.
SITENDER is used for the conduct of open market operations through tender procedures. It allows to:
- Consult the tender conditions;
- Participate in tenders, i.e. to report the bids received;
- Consult the tender results.
COLMS complements SITENDER with the necessary features for the management of collateral, monetary policy operations and the TARGET2-PT intraday credit line. This system allows to:
- Have access to Eurosystem standing facilities;
- Process the cash settlement of monetary policy operations in TARGET2-PT;
- Manage collateral for Eurosystem credit operations;
- Manage the TARGET2-PT intraday credit line;
- Monitor monetary policy operations, collateral and the TARGET2-PT intraday credit line.
Access to the Eurosystem’s standing facilities is subject to the subscription of the Standing Facilities Module of TARGET2.
Within the scope of collateral, Banco de Portugal has appropriate IT systems for the treatment of credit claims. This requires subscription of the respective service in BPnet, Banco de Portugal’s extranet for operational communication with the financial community.
Credit institutions have to enrol on these information systems to be eligible as counterparties to Eurosystem monetary policy operations.