Banco de Portugal’s financial support policy for external entities
As a public service institution, the Banco de Portugal aims at contributing towards an inclusive society by supporting socially responsible causes and projects that foster the country’s economic and social development.
The Bank supports initiatives related to its mission and tasks, in particular those that help to improve the economic and financial literacy of the Portuguese population and to enhance knowledge in the field of Economic Sciences.
The provision of financial support complies with a set of principles and criteria, which ensure an unbiased and objective analysis of the sponsorship and support given.
Principles and objectives of the financial support policy for external entities
The Banco de Portugal’s provision of financial support complies with the principles of transparency, equal opportunities, engagement with all the entities supported and regular assessment of existing partnerships and funded projects.
The objectives of the financial support policy are:
- promoting research and knowledge in the field of Economic Sciences;
- contributing to the reflection on and public discussion of topics relevant to the Portuguese economy;
- fostering financial education and literacy and knowledge of the activities and tasks of the Banco de Portugal.
Applications for financial support must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant institution must be financially and fiscally sound and comply with the Banco de Portugal’s ethics and conduct codes and regulations.
- The applicant project must be aligned with the Bank’s mission and contribute to the achievement of the objectives set out in the financial support policy, preferably falling under one of the following pillars:
- innovation/research in the fields of Economics, Financial Regulation and Supervision, and Statistics;
- financial education and literacy.