Companies unauthorised to carry on cash transfers to and from the national territory
1. In accordance with the legislation in force (1), cash transfers to and from the national territory can only be carried on by credit institutions whose purpose includes this activity and by duly authorised exchange offices.
However, it has come to the knowlegde of Banco de Portugal that some unauthorised entities have carried on such operations, which is an ilicit practice, subject to the penalties provided for by law.
In these circumstances, Banco de Portugal informs the general public that the company listed below are not authorised to carry on the above-mentioned operations:
- MARGEM REGRA - UNIPESSOAL, LDA., having its head office and premises where transactions with the public take place in Rua Visconde de Setúbal, number 15, loja 15, Paranhos, Oporto;
- Any other entities where ROGÉRIO GRECCHI perform management functions.
2. Exchange offices authorised to transfer money to/from abroad are duly listed in the Official Bulletin of Banco de Portugal and on the List of Authorised Institutions of Banco de Portugal's website.
Lisbon, 07 August 2009
- Article 8 (2), and Article 4 (1) (c) of the Legal Framework of Credit Institutions and Financial Companies, aprroved by Decree-Law No. 298/92 of 31 December (as amended by Decree-Law No. 201/2002 of 26 September).
- Article 1 (4) of Decree-Law No. 3/94 of 11 January (as amended by Article 1 of Decree-Law No. 53/2001 of 15 February).
- Notice No. 3/2001 of 7 March, published in the Official Gazette, Series 1, B, of 20 March 2001.