Commemorative coin – 150th Anniversary of Public Security
Banco de Portugal will put a commemorative coin into circulation from 13 July 2017, with face value of €2, called ‘150th Anniversary of Public Security’.
The coin will be distributed to the public through credit institutions and Banco de Portugal’s cash offices
The ‘150th Anniversary of Public Security’ coin has the following features:
On the common side:
- The European design used on euro coins in circulation.
On the national side:
- Two human (female and male) silhouettes, depicting the citizens;
- The intervention areas of the PSP (Public Security Police), symbolised by a group of houses representing the country in general and its cities in particular;
- The simplified emblem of the PSP;
- The words ‘Direitos’, ‘Liberdades’ and ‘Garantias’;
- Around the edge, the words ‘1867-2017 Segurança Pública’, ‘INCM’ and the name of the author, surrounded by the twelve stars of the European Union.
The characteristics of this coin were approved by Executive Order No 72/2017, published in the Official Gazette, Series I – No 37 of 21 February. The issue limit was set at 500,000 coins with normal finish.
Banco de Portugal sells commemorative and collector coins to the public exclusively through its cash offices (normal finish only).
Those interested in obtaining these coins should fill out the form provided giving the face value and number of coins desired.
Banco de Portugal does not reserve coins nor send them by post.