- Select your idiom:
Collector coin – ‘ISEG 111 anos’ will start circulating on 23 May
The Banco de Portugal will put a silver-alloy collector coin into circulation from 23 May 2022, with face value of €7.50, entitled ‘ISEG 111 Anos’. The coins will be distributed to the public through credit institutions and the Banco de Portugal's cash offices.
The ‘ISEG 111 Anos' coin is only legal tender in Portugal and has the following features:
On the obverse:
- Along an outer concentric circle, the word ‘PORTUGAL’, with the letter ‘u’ replaced for an escutcheon with five coins, the year ‘2022’ and the face value;
- Along an intermediate concentric circle, the words ‘Lisbon School of Economics & Management’ and ‘Universidade de Lisboa’;
- In the middle, the words ‘ISEG’, ‘111’ and ‘ANOS’.
On the reverse:
- In the middle, an image of Hermes/Mercury, messenger of the gods and the god associated with wealth, commerce and speed;
- Around the edge, the words ‘ISEG’, ‘Open Minds’, ‘Grab the Future’, ‘Casa da Moeda’ and the name of the author.
The characteristics of this coin were approved by Executive Order No 75/2022, published in the Official Gazette, Series I – No 24 of 3 February 2022.
The issue limit was set at 30,000 coins with normal finish.
The Banco de Portugal sells collector coins to the public exclusively through its cash offices (normal finish only).
The Banco de Portugal does not reserve coins nor send them by post.