Collector coin – 'Eduardo Souto Moura' within the 'Portuguese Architecture' series
Banco de Portugal will put a silver-alloy collector coin into circulation from 12 December 2018, with face value of €7.50, entitled ‘Eduardo Souto Moura’.
The coin will be distributed to the public through credit institutions and Banco de Portugal's cash offices.
The ‘Eduardo Souto Moura’ coin is only legal tender in Portugal and has the following features:
On the obverse:
- In the middle, the stylised representation of a treetop;
- On the left, the Portuguese coat of arms;
- Around the upper edge, the words ‘República Portuguesa' and '2018’ and the face value;
- Around the lower edge, the abbreviation ‘INCM’ and the name of the author.
On the reverse:
- In the middle, a classical column representing human construction;
- Around the upper edge, the words 'Eduardo Souto de Moura'.
The characteristics of this coin were approved by Executive Order No 68/2018, published in the Official Gazette, Series I – No 48 of 8 March 2018.
The issue limit was set at 60,000 coins with normal finish.
Banco de Portugal sells commemorative and collector coins to the public exclusively through its cash offices (normal finish only).
Those interested in obtaining these coins should fill out the form provided giving the name, face value and number of coins desired.
Banco de Portugal does not reserve coins nor send them by post.