Collector coin ‘The Art of Porcelain’ will start circulating on 17 November
The Banco de Portugal will put a collector coin into circulation from 17 November 2022, with face value of €5, entitled ‘The Art of Porcelain’, within the ‘Portugal and the Orient’ series. The coins will be distributed to the public through credit institutions and the Banco de Portugal’s cash offices.
‘The Art of Porcelain’ coin is only legal tender in Portugal and has the following features:
On the obverse:
- The depiction of design elements featured in Portuguese porcelain;
- At the top, the Portuguese coat of arms and the armillary sphere;
- At the bottom, the face value.
On the reverse:
- Covering the entire coin, decorative items alluding to Chinese porcelain;
- Around the upper edge, the words ‘Arte da Porcelana’;
- Around the lower edge, on the left, the words ‘Casa da Moeda’ and the name of the author, and, on the right, the words ‘Portugal 2022’.
The characteristics of this coin were approved by Executive Order No 285/2021, published in the Official Gazette, Series I – No 236 of 7 December 2021.
The issue limit was set at 30,000 coins with normal finish.
The Banco de Portugal sells collector coins to the public exclusively through its cash offices (normal finish only).
The Banco de Portugal does not reserve coins nor send them by post.